Here's my fun card for today:
2. Cut a scrap of mixed media paper and place it on a work surface. Lay the great pumpkin stencil over the paper and tape down on all four sides. Paste the pumpkin with matte black paste. Remove the tape from three sides and gently lift the lower bottom corner of the stencil up and off the paper taking the tape with it. Set aside to dry. Once dry. Prepare the pumpkin to be pasted with the crackle paste in the same manner as the first pasting step. Once pasted, remove the tape from all three sides again and carefully lift the stencil up and off the paper. Set the pumpkin aside to dry. This will take awhile but it is worth the wait! Once it is perfectly dry, you'll see all those wonderful crackles. Lay the clean stencil over the pumpkin and add color with stencil brushes and Splendor inkpads (or any pigment inkpad). Fussy cut out.
3. I decided I wanted to paste a tree behind my little pumpkin scene and I used another favorite technique, Molten Magic using the tree of life stencil. It was pasted with metallic copper and sprinkled with bits of FX Mica Powders. The tree was heated with a heat tool enough so the paste formed bubbles. There is a trick to this technique and moving the heat tool quickly is key to not scorching the paper. Another trick is to immediately lift the heat tool away from the bubbles when they start to form and into another section.
4. For the background, create a color wash and spread the Zig brush color for the green area and then the sky blue area. Use lots of water!
5. Once dry, cut a slit using an X-acto knife along the mouse and leaves long enough to insert the pumpkin. The pumpkin is held in place with Beacon 3-1 glue. Ribbon is threaded through the slit and tied in a bow around to the left side of the pumpkin. The second cut out of leaves are foam taped and placed in front of the pumpkin.
6. Stamp sentiment on a scrap and trim close. Staple to upper right corner. Mount onto card base.
HMCV23 Cling Leaf Plunge
HMCC01 Joy Birthday
DWLL3036 The Great Pumpkin Stencil
DWDMBP Matte Black Paste
DWDPK Palette Knife
DWLM2010 Paste Spreader
MPW811 Mixed Media White Paper
STF082 Versafine Onyx Black
DWBHB-3 1/8" Stencil Brush
Tsukineko Splendor Inkpad: Circus, Magic
3M Removable Tape 1/2"
3M Foam Mounting Tape
Beacon 3-1 Adhesive
May Arts Ribbon
Zig Clean Color Real Brush
FX Mica Powders: 07 Plum Royale, 08 Rose Berry, 10 Kiwi
Disclaimer: I'm so happy to be a Stampendous Design Team Member and to help promote their wonderful products, they generously supply us with many free goodies like these Dreamweaver Stencils, Embossing Paste, Mixed Media Paper, Perfectly Clear stamp, Versafine Ony Black Inkpad and May Arts Ribbon that I'm using today.