I get the feeling that my lazy little mouse from the Mice Wishes clear set ought to be doing something else, but instead is taking a break from life's hectic pace to enjoy herself! When I was a little girl, a family member always called me Lynnie Mouse, so this card, ironically, could be a self portrait!
2. Here's how to create the pink panel using Color Bursts: Spritz water liberally over the mixed media sheet (8-1/2 x 11) and puff Crimson Color Burst randomly over the water. With a wide brush, blend the water and powder to create a beautiful background color. Let it be uneven rather than a perfectly colored panel. Once dry, cut a piece 5-1/2 x 4-1/4.
3. To create the background design, dry emboss the pink panel using the Graduated Dot Stencil. Lay the embossed design on a work surface. Lay the stencil back over the embossed panel. With a Jumbo Dauber, ink it liberally into a Palette Glue Pad and press/twist the dauber over the raised areas. Once glue is applied, remove the stencil and sprinkle glitter over the panel. Flick off the excess and return to the jar. Allow to dry. Diecut the curved/stitched edge and mount to the card front.
4. Heat emboss the mouse image with VersaMark and Detail Black embossing powder. Color with watercolor pencils. Using a glue pen, glue areas of the water where glitter will be added. Glue the flower center and add glitter. Refer to the photo below for closeup details.
5. Diecut the image using a stitched square diecut. Create the black dotted frame using two square diecuts. Add foam mounting tape to the back of the frame and affix to the image. Diecut a narrower frame out of a scrap piece of Color Burst paper and affix to the dotted frame.
6. Wrap ribbon around the right side of the card front and tie in a bow. Affix the mouse framed piece to the card front.
7. On a scrap piece of cardstock, heat emboss the sentiment using VersaMark ink and Detail Black. Diecut using the smallest stitched square. Punch a hole in the left corner and tie onto the ribbon with jute. Embellish the sentiment tag with Class-A-Peel Pink stickers.
SSCM5000 Mice Wishes Perfectly Clear Set
DWLX7029 Graduated Dots Stencil
MPW811 Mixed Media White Paper
DP111 Detail Black Embossing Powder
VM001 VersaMark Inkpad
AC672HSP Class-A-Peel Pink Dot Sparklers
MGK05 Spring Micro Glitter Kit - Sunflower
MGK05 Winter Micro Glitter Kit - Ice Blue
A Muse Studio Papers & Landscape Edge Die
My Favorite Things Stitched Diecuts
Faber Castell Aquarelle Pencils: 168, 163, 143, 156, 104, 105, 250, 121,124
Faber Castell Pencils: 73, 99, 76, 87, 17
Claudine Hellmuth Studio #4 Paint Brush
Stewart Superior Palette Stamp & Stick Gluepad
May Arts Ribbon & Jute
Beacon 3-1 Adhesive
3M Foam Mounting Tape
Sakura Quickie Glue Pen
Leadonna Quick Fritts
Disclaimer: I'm so happy to be a Stampendous Design Team Member and to help promote their wonderful products. They generously supply us with many free goodies like these Dreamweaver Stencils and Embossing Powders, Class A Peel Stickers, cling stamps, Faber Castell Aquarell Pencils and May Arts Ribbon that I'm using today.