"Lose the Weight...AKA Clean and Simple (CAS)"
We're putting our cards on a 'diet' and styling them with a little less bulk.
My cards today are part of the new releases. It is the Open Elephant Stencil (LG756) and I love it!
I used the Letterpress technique for both of the elephant cards. Here's the steps to achieve this look:
- Ink spray the stencil with various inks (I used Making Memories Fruit Punch and Irridescent sprays).
- Carefully lift the stencil by the edges and lay onto a diecutting machine embossing platform that is covered with a scrap sheet of copy paper.
- Next, lay the white card stock panel over the painted stencil.
- Lay a rubber embossing mat over the card stock panel taking care not to let anything shift.
- Finally, lay 2 embossing plates over the rubber mat and crank everything through your cutting machine.
A ribbon embellishment wrapped around the left side of the card tied in a double bow, along with a cute little tag finishes the card in short order.
If you just can't stand to wait until your local stores get the new releases in, you can order online from Stencil with Style! See the newest stencils and diecuts HERE.
Here's the same Letterpress technique only in blues! A simple embellishment on his tail and a sweet little sentiment finishes the card in no time.
Papers (A Muse Studio), Sentiments (A Muse - I'm here and Technique Tuesday - Precious), Ribbon (May Arts and Hug Snug), misc. flower and button from my stash.
It's time to hop on over to the next designer's blog. Thanks for stopping by today!